Welcome to 2020!
I always try to find time during the last few days of the year to reflect on my life, our family and our progress at MomSource. In the last months of 2020, some personal challenges have reminded me that I’m not the type of person who can ever find myself satisfied. I am always wanting, reaching and needing more–but this year, a new friend, Marci, reminded me that taking inventory of where you’ve been is the only way to know where you do (and don’t) want to go in the future.
Here are some of what we’ve done for the amazing candidates in our Network:
- Rewritten resumes
- Negotiated salaries, schedules and geographies
- Provided career development
- Generated hundreds of new job opportunities
- Supported women and families by making work-life blend feel attainable again
Here are some of what we’ve done for the incredible clients who hire us to help them build more diverse and inclusive teams:
- Written new job descriptions and updated old ones
- Educated on biases
- Taught how to manage remote/part-time team members
- Presented hundreds of potential candidates
- Increased their teams’ productivity
A deep breath and a look at those lists and I am incredibly proud of the MomSource team and all we have accomplished. Even so, I want the ball and I want to move it down the field further and faster. We have many great ideas on the horizon including strategic partnerships, more inclusive recruiting for all types of underrepresented candidates and offering more holistic support of our client companies who are committed to building high-performing diverse teams. I sense that we’re reaching a precipitous where our impact will be catapulted and I’m open to receiving that too. I know how imperfect I am as a leader and how much we have to grow as a company but intent matters. Our intention is good and to do well.